Saturday, January 17, 2015

Albany Vegfest 2014

My experience at Vegfest - Albany N.Y. 2014 

( I'm promoting Vegfests everywhere in this blog . I hope none of them let me down ! )

  On Nov. 15th , 2014 I went to Vegfest in Albany , Ny . It was wonderful and I had the added great joy of being accompanied by my boyfriend and my mom . She became vegan April 1st 2014 and this was her first Vegfest !:)
  One of the first things I noticed when we got there , to my delighted surprise was that the Vegan Zombie's had a booth - They were there!
  I'm going to back up slightly before I get into that though.Although we thought we were going to be late we were not. We waited outside in line briefly and then were let in and greeted with a gift bag and raffle tickets. There were some great raffle prizes up there including, among other things a huge bag of vegan dog food, the vegan zombie's cookbook , and a World Peace Diet pack . I know none of us won the first or second drawings but, whether we won the third and final or not I will likely never know as we lingered after a speaker and didn't get around to checking until after the last which was a cooking demo by the Vegan Black Metal Chef - That guy sure seems to  love seiten ! Anyways..The vendors and raffle table had packed up .



This is a photo of me with my mom soon after we first entered the vendor room and I saw Jon and Chris .... of the vegan zombies .


By the way, these guys were so down to Earth and cool .. You'd think that they don't know they are youtube celebrities . Seriously, it was like meeting a couple people while sitting at the same coffee shop . Some really attractive ones ! Let's see them again ; p ptthhh..




Alright enough about my crushes .

The Speakers were great ! I was glad to see that they were all scheduled in such a way as to allow us to listen to them all rather than overlapping . Okay, So, they did have other speakers / demos in the vendor room about yoga and such, which is cool and interesting but, It's Vegfest and I was there for the speakers talking vegan topics - Animals,environment, Agag bs, human physiology and health .
So, we recieved great lectures on all of that . On animals - blank of Farm Sanctuary spoke . Environment I got a repeat lecture from ..blank who I heard speak t North Hampton's Vegfest last March . aggag was - blank - Dr. blank did the human physiology/ health talk which was fascinating ! I learned some cool stuff ! Did you know humans.....
And, I'm glad Jon , Chris, Sara(h) and the rest of the vendors had some tasty mind food to entertain them during our chosen lectures too !
 The vendors had a lot to offer as well as the speakers . There was a WHOLE lot of food! Clothing , (we got a vegan winter hat - It says vegan on it .) See - Photo .

. vendor name .

and there were tables of great causes to check out and get involved in at many a level - leaflets to pass around check . a poem written by a cop about horse abuse in horse racing check . Smiles and waves and greetings from familiar faces from other Vegfests - Mercy for Animals lady ..plus a couple others.Check . And The black metal chef was there. So, I said hi and we made small talk. Then he tried to drag me away ! Lol



Thanks for a blast all warm hearts who were there. It's so special to be able to gather into that high vibrational scene . I hope to see you next year! If you've never been to one and just read this I hope you will treat yourself to that wonderful celebratory experience of life, love, unity, abundance , and awareness !
Be Well !




No comments:

Post a Comment