Sunday, April 20, 2014

Veganize it !

Veganize it !

Veganize - It means to take a dish that isn't vegan and make it vegan . It will remain the same except the non-vegan ingredients will be removed and substituted for vegan ones when necessary . So, let's talk about it .
 I know before I became vegan and when I was just being familiarized with what it is dietary wise I was presented only with what people don't eat when they are vegan . Which made it sound like a lifestyle of deprivation . Which I now as a vegan of over 3 years find it to be the exact opposite ! I have gained more not lost anything of value . I have gained more spiritually , mentally , emotionally , physically . My health has improved in all these ways . Everything I have shed I have found to be relieving ! It is as if the shedding has made room for abundance ! :) And, my food intake is ironically ? , more diverse and full of variety . Whereas it was not when I wasn't vegan . Appearances are often deceiving !
 It is unfortunate that that is the way veganism tends to come off - as a lifestyle involving one to give up their favorite foods and live without , in deprivation, and unsatisfied ! Perhaps, it is some sort of test . I don't know. but, I hope to clear up some of the misunderstanding my younger self experienced for some of you .

You may think -

Vegan = seeds, veggies, fruits, nuts, beans, legumes .
You may not realize veganism can mimic and sometimes replicate exactly the tastes and textures of what you already eat !
It also , makes one healthier and if you haven't felt the weight lifted from removing a typical American Diet and replacing it with a vegan one , you can't imagine what a beautiful thing this health actually is yet !
There are vegan lunch "meats " that taste so much like animal meat I'm repulsed by them . There are other vegan meats that are the same ordeal like tofurky loafs , vegan chicken nuggets, vegan fish fillets, and anything you can think of
There are a multitude of vegan milks
there is vegan mac and cheese that tastes identical
Corn chowder-no problem
Baked goods - taste identical or better when they are veganized . It's easy most all the time !
There are vegan ice creams - coconut milk , or soy milk , or almond milk, or ... on and on . these can taste identical but, I find the ones I eat to taste  better !

The thing is healthy food will eventually taste good to you and unhealthy food won't because your taste buds flip over and become re-sensitized to better taste and enjoy what they are designed to . It is like a drug addict or a cigarette smoker . Sometimes at first life doesn't feel better when you quit but, after a little while the air you breath feels better , you smell the scents of nature more strongly and you enjoy it thoroughly . Life is better !

Scrambled tofu mimics scrambled eggs and I heart it ! :)
Nutritional yeast cheezes stuff up in a scrumptious way and daiya shreds is a tasty gooey melt-able vegan cheese
Some vegan sliced cheeses are great on sandwiches too .
Dandies marshmallows are orgasmic !
If you can name it it can be veganized !
And , you will undoubtedly find new foods you love if you abandon your tired , unhealthy heavy routine eating and like a child indulge in the adventurous curious playful journey available for you to discover !

No comments:

Post a Comment