Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wellness Exercise Reminder - Gratitude is not for one day in November ! It's best used by incorporating it into your way of being !

Wellness Exercise Reminder - Gratitude is not for one day in November ! It's best used by incorporating it into your way of being ! 

Back in November I typed of a wellness exercise called a gratitude list . Not a one time practice this is meant to be a routine practice . I do it daily and recommend that truly but, said you could do it daily or weekly or whatever fits into your schedule . This is true you can . Gratitude though, is most useful to us when we make it a regular and daily attitude , a regular part of our lives . Gratitude is not just for one day out of the year or when something great happens to us . It is helpful to find gratitude every day even on our bad days !
In terms of the law of attraction making daily gratitude lists , finding, observing , and feeling things to be grateful attracts more to be grateful for . 


Where as, focusing on the negative attracts more of it into our lives .
Don't worry about an order to it . I am grateful for my new coffee cup can be number 1 and I am grateful my mother survived her heart attack can be number 5 . It really makes no difference and I find trying to order them is actually counter productive . 


Try to keep it positive and not negative but, that's not a in stone rule . So for instance , I am grateful my mom survived rather than I am grateful my mom didn't die .
Some days may be more challenging than others but, even when things are horrible one should be able to come up with 5 things a day to be grateful for . When things seem really bad your list may include things like I am grateful I have both my feet . that's fine ! That's good . Just think them up and write them down . It is part of the point to think of 5 no matter what is going on . 


So, the exercise is simple . You can tweek it to your liking like I said you can do it weekly or every other day but, I recommend you do it daily . You can do 10 instead of 5 . you can do it on your lunch break or any time of the day but, I recommend you do it first thing in the morning or right before bed or both . It only takes a few minutes .
Here's an example of the exercise . These are 5 of mine today . 


4/2/14
1. I am grateful for the warm and sunny weather we are now having .
2. I am grateful for my family
3. I am grateful I was able to attend Vegfest
4. I am grateful for our indoor plumbing
5. I am grateful I see more ground when I go outside now .

If you want a more intense ritual or to expand your ritual you can add three sentences about each . I recommend you list all 5 first and then go back to write about them afterward . This way you create a flow of gratitude for several different things right away . Here's my example elaborated .
4/2/14
1. I am grateful for the warm and sunny weather we are now having .
2. I am grateful for my family
3. I am grateful I was able to attend Vegfest
4. I am grateful for our indoor plumbing
5. I am grateful I see more ground when I go outside now .
1. I have been craving going outside and being comfortable , feeling the suns warmth . I have been longing to do more outdoors while enjoying myself and I've been missing the grass and comfortablity outdoors that is present in the warmer seasons. Now, we are having warm and sunny weather and it's brought me happiness and uplifted my spirit .
2. I love them and I'm thankful to have them in my life . It feels good to be a part of a family and not alone at times . It makes me glad and makes my life easier to have their help , support , and company .
3. Vegfest was great ! I am so happy and thankful i was able to go and reap all the benefits from it ! I am especially moved by being at the first ever in the area where I am from not that I wouldn't be as happy or happier if it had been a long standing practice !
4. I realize life is nicer when one can flush ones toilet, take a hot shower, and use ones sink facet . It certainly makes my life easier than it would otherwise be . I appreciate having these functions at my disposal day in and out and for the quality of life it affords .
5. It makes me involuntarily smile. It brings a warming happy sensation into my art and it excites me . I am joyous about it and excited for what it means as well as the uplifting of my spirit just by seeing it .

So, obviously if you choose to do the elaborated version it will take you a little longer but, it's apt to bring increased benefits as well , putting you in deeper realization and awareness of your feelings and gratitude .
Thanks for reading . Be Well ! And don't forget , Gratitude is not for one day in November !

No comments:

Post a Comment