Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day Suggestion - Make Ahead Brunch !!

Make Ahead Brunch :

Tofu Scrambler 
Prep the veggies ahead of time :
 Dice one sweet white onion
 Dice sweet or bell peppers and or jalapenos
Chop or dice any other veggies you'd like in it .
You can pre- saute them . Allow to cool and then refrigerate .
 At the time of cooking
Just cut up firm tofu , add tofu scrambler pack . Mix with tofu
fry ( med. - high heat ) , add diaya if desired . And add veggies to heat .( At time of cooking time estimate 10- 15 minutes )

smoothie 
Smoothies may only take a few minutes anyway but, if you want to you can make one ahead of time , refrigerate it and pull it out right before serving .

Home fries again can be made a day in advance. weather baked or fried the smaller you cut the potatoes the less  cooking time is  required. A plant strong way to do this is to substitute vegan veggie broth in place of the oil.  Great on their own ; delightful additions I've found include, onions, and  peppers or, herbs - oregano, basil, pepper, rosemary , thyme, garlic , parsley , all good options or salsa , or nutritional yeast .
Here's a recipe of mine for Autumn Home fries which includes yams or sweet potatoes
 Autumn home fry recipe :

Notes: 
Obviously you can use any type of potatoes you'd like , do all yams, or all potatoes The heating time will depend . Timing will vary depending on the size of your dish and size of potatoes and yams/ amount .I recommend checking on them every 20 mins or so . If you use less than I did (this pan is double layered ) you may only need to cook them 40-45 minutes . I used 4 large russet potatoes and two yams each a different type .
 1.)preheated oven to 400 degrees 2.) I cut them into aprox. 1 inch pieces 3.) I put vegan veggie broth in a casserole dish filled it to between 1/2 and 1 inch deep . (I'm really glad I used this brand they taste wonderful! its pacific brand ) 4.) I put the pieces in the dish 
5.) I poured more veggie broth over them so they all got coated 6.) I added 3 tbs rosemary . 7.) Put in oven and baked 1 hr . After 40-45 minutes I used a spatula and mixed them up before putting them back in . 
8. I salted them with a couple pinches of celtic sea salt ( you could use any kind you'd like ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment