Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tai chi for me is spiritual - A personal journal post


Tai chi for me is spiritual . I think I almost entirely forgot that. Then the other day I was doing some in my tiny living space . Admittedly, I had not done much over the winter . It came back to me how much tai chi is a spiritual experience for me. This is a spiritual practice for me as much as anything else and since it is such good exercise for balance , aerobic benefits, breathing, flexibility and the muscles , it's a very spiritual practice indeed .
 It is probably needless to say I am very excited and anxious to get out in delightful Spring weather ( that comes after mud season here - hopefully anyway ) and do tai chi among the trees and river , and land I love here in this region that I call home.
I am hopeful I will be granted the great privilege and gift of teaching tai chi to others this season as well as, enjoying it in a private natural setting solo .
When I do tai chi my mind clears.  I am focused inside on my body and the wonderful strength, grace, balance , flexibility , and capabilities it processes. I am reminded of the abilities it has that aren't as realized when not actually being done and I am shown what I had not yet known of my body . I am also simultaneously directed outwards into a mindfulness and beauty of my surroundings . Practicing tai chi seems to enliven the beauty around me and within me . My breathing regulates and grows . I learn my range of breathing , that I can steady it and discipline it more thoroughly than I remember when I'm not practicing . I see my physical body, spirit, emotions, thoughts, chakras , meridians aligning in increased health -breaths of health improvements ; breaths in of power, and breaths out of cleansing and detoxing .
 Tai chi has tons of documented benefits. Exercise ( provided it's not in a form you hate )  in general I feel has great spiritual components but, tai chi is special and has more than I have experienced anywhere else  . Yoga's great too . Any enjoyable form of exercise is great but, like I said tai chi is more to me . Have I inspired anyone to give it a go ?

No comments:

Post a Comment