Thursday, May 15, 2014

Patience is gold-" yeah right "or "well I'll always be poor then" - well..( A personal post )


Patience is gold-" yeah right "or "well I'll always be poor then" - well...

This article is inspired by my reading of this person's article. Click link to read it - http://creativekatrina.com/turn-waiting-creative-gold/
Patience . I tend to look at it as a swear word . One much more upsetting , foul and offensive than the well recognized and claimed swear words of our culture . People who know me may think I'm very patient or may call me impatient . I don't keep track . But, if you know me well , you will know I often assert aloud " I'm not patient " or "patience isn't my strongest virtue , I don't understand why the universe feels I need to learn more patience , it's constantly asking me to be patient . " I don't find value in waiting or in a lot of patience for the most part.
 This is admittedly ( grits teeth ) a weakness of mine ! And , not a healthy , productive, or helpful attitude much of the time when the call to be patient arises .
 There are times when being patient doesn't suit , when being assertive is a more valuable resource to call upon . As an example , I offer up applying for jobs - It's probably better to return an application or resume , call in a few days to check on it's status , send a thank you card for the persons reviewing of it , follow up again if you still haven't heard word and steadily apply and follow the laid out procedure again with other places , than it is to fill out an application or resume , turn it in and wait to hear back .
 Many times however, exercising  patience is probably walking the route to lower stress levels .
Oh, I do hate it so !
But, I've decided again to try to make the most of it rather than my method of complaining and scolding the universe for being so pushy about my using it so often along with, pleading my case that " I've been patient enough for one life time and this requiring more of me is ridiculous ."
 Here's my ideas of good things to do when you have to and feel it's best to wait .
- Spend more time visualizing
- Spend more time meditating
- Get more exercise
- Do undone projects  / finish up old projects
- Do self healing work such as, chakra aligning , good self help books or readings , take baths, add pictures to vision boards, art journal
- Forget about it if possible and dive into a new project that will not be done rapidly rather, takes some time to complete
- Go out and do things that are fun with friends , a lover, or family more often .

Surely some of these are helpful in becoming okay or more okay with practicing patience long term - such as meditation. So, upping the dose isn't just about distracting me , getting me through the one situation better, or simply doing these things ( meditation etc. )more , though it's part of it . It's also about making the act of patience more tolerable or pleasant long term , and learning to be good at it . Like I said before, making the most of it .
 When you have to wait , I know it is actually a gift sometimes, for it provides you with time to do certain things , to prepare yourself for what you are waiting for ( I usually feel I'm well prepared Already !  ) but, adjusting a little more mentally - visualizing , emotionally - meditating physically - getting healthier and so forth, is only apt to help and make us stronger and better prepared for what's coming our way .
So, looking at patience simply as a game where I'm winning because, I'm allotted more prep time to take on what's coming is what I'm trying to do .
And, wanted to offer this to you as a possibility for yourselves.
Share your comments and ideas if you'd like by leaving a comment below .
Be Well !

No comments:

Post a Comment