Sunday, February 16, 2014

Veggie Wraps Hit the Spot ! - A Story

" Veggie Wraps hit the spot !"


 I realized I hadn't had veggie wraps in quite sometime and wanted to so , I put the ingredients on the shopping list and flash forward, decided I wanted to make and have them last night late yesterday morning. Come late afternoon I was really craving them . So ,in the evening  I went about rinsing and prepping the veggies and then making the wraps .
 I like to cooking but, I was enjoying creating the wraps in a special way . It was fun , it was peaceful , and kinda meditative . The beauty of the various colors delighted me - green, red, yellow , 2 shades of beige . So,wraps complete I was excited to bite in .
And you know what ?
 Eating those wraps was one of those fall back eye popping magical moments in time when you get just a perfect fill of what you need . You know what I'm talking about ? It's not specific to food but, sometimes it's about food . You ever have one of those hugs that comes at just the right moment from the right person and feels ideal or hit the freshly washed sheets after a tiring day and think "Yeah, that's exactly what I need" as your check hits the pillow ?
Well, these wraps really hit the spot !
And, I in collaboration , had created a new sauce for them . And that was just right too, making the whole thing just right ,making everything just perfectly right for the 15 minutes or so while I was eating them . ( and then again when I had left overs lol )
 Here's the "recipe": I advise you do the sauce to taste. Sample on !
Organic baby corn
Organic romaine leaf lettuce
Organic cherry tomatoes
Alvarado street bakery's tortillas .(So good ! Check them out and the ingredients here !- http://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/product_detail.php?id=47
Sauce - Organic tahini ,
Franks hot sauce, ( This is a vegan hot sauce that's pretty pure no mystery ingredients ),
and
 Nutritional yeast

 Now, I don't promise these, at the time you make them, will hit that spot for you though, they might . But, can you relate to the feeling of wanting , then craving , then making a meal that is really fresh , wonderful, wholesome, beautiful, and life-giving food that makes you 13 levels of satisfied and makes the notion that " there's no such thing as perfect" seem laughable and ridiculous?( And, if it wasn't vegan or was highly processed than no, you can not ! )
  If yes,I'd love you to leave a comment of your experience !
  If no,  you haven't experienced life yet !
  Get in touch with your inner cravings for pure foods !

Be Well ,
    Sabrina

 P.S. You can also share your recipe and get new healthy recipes in one of these recipe groups if you are on Facebook.
Here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthyveganrecipesplusproductreviews/
Or,
 Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/myplantstrongrecipeswap/

No comments:

Post a Comment