Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Valentine's Day ( Awesome Recipe,photos and Vegan Restaurant name drop Included! )

First of all a special thanks to the man who made it such a wonderful and special Valentine's Day as, I think he'll read this! lol .

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day !

 I truly did !

 Here where we are, we were greeted with snow. My day started out with a parking spot shovel . Which I actually found enjoyable.

 I was sad initially, unsure if we were going to be able to safely execute our plans due to the weather and, after discovering my planned Valentine's Day breakfast of a vegan Cherry Walnut French Toast was ruined on account of our bread (ezekiel's ) getting mold. But alas, weather came around , our plans went through , and I made the french toast another day .
Vegan Cherry Walnut French Toast
Ingredients :
1 - 1/2 C . frozen sweet cherries
Ezekiel's food for life bread desired amount of slices
1 tsp. per 2 pieces of bread real vanilla extract
1/2tsp. almond extract per 2 pieces of toast (optional)
desired amount of Walnuts
approx.1/2 .c per 2 pieces of bread soy ( or other vegan milk ) milk
to taste - Agave syrup
 coconut oil for pan
For the french toast :
In a shallow bowl pour soymilk , and extracts mix together and submerge the bread in coating back and front then place in a warmed frying pan containing coconut oil .And cook till crispy on both sides .

For cherry sauce :
Put cherries in a small pot with agave syrup stir frequently and cook over low-medium heat until some forms into a sauce yet cherries are still there .

Place french toast on plate . Top with cherry sauce and walnuts .


 Since the breakfast was off we went a little earlier making it a brunch where we consumed lunch food . We went to a place we had not tried out yet called "Evolution Cafe "- It is in Florence Ma. and it serves great lunch and dinner food contrary to what the phrase cafe speaks of to me but , whatever ! It's a 100% vegan restaurant ( I wouldn't have wanted to go otherwise ) .
 I am one who doesn't need/ desire to go out to eat very often . I only dine at 100 % vegan restaurants. That's just me and what makes me happy ! I appreciate and love going out to them so much ! Much more than I appreciated restaurants in the dark days before I was vegan .
So, with the excitement of exploring a vegan restaurant we had yet to go to before, we headed out for our Valentine's day journey !
I found the space, paintings, ambiance, literature tables, and food great !  We had a delicious chili burrito we split , he had a vegan blt I bit into , and I a sunshine burger special order he bit into . We got young coconut water to drink, mine with aloe his without . Which was so sweet and yummy !
I regret not playing pinball or whatever the game there was with him . But, we both had a great time . We left with 2 ( 2 for 1 deal ;) ) lemon cupcakes . The frosting was lemon too and once we ate them I discovered they were scrumptious as well ! Our Valentine's Day was not over ...
Later we went to our favorite tea lounge Twilight Tea who's treats are all supplied from "Cafe Evolution "and thus vegan . Two treats and a most yummy house chai pot of tea were to be had .
I have more picture's from " Cafe Evolution " see below .








No comments:

Post a Comment