Friday, March 21, 2014

Start Your Morning Better , Improve Your Days !

I was reading ( In the Pleasure Trap ). Actually I was re-reading . This book is on my 2014 recommended reads list on facebook and will soon appear on this one along with my review of it !

 I've placed it here for you and in exchange Amazon tosses some coins in my penny jar every time someone buys it from the link . They must like you . Why else would they give incentive for making less work for you ?
So, I was re-reading this book as I stated and a statistic caught my eye that I'm sure did last time too but,eventually was forgotten because, I didn't want to do anything with it. That would shake up my normal of being caffed up a bit uh, every day .
The statistic is : " More than 90% of American adults are habitual users of  caffeine, a powerful stimulant that temporarily camouflages sleep deficiency." pg. 148 Pleasure Trap by Douglas Lisle


Good Morning tips.
Drinking a full glass of room temperature clean ( filtered , reverse osmosis water ) first things greatly assists your body in re-hydrating and cleansing .
Nice healthy vegan Smoothies are great as are
fresh juices from a juicer
a power packed cereal (that means make your own. Start with puffed whole grains and nothing else ( I like millet, barley , or organic corn best myself . Rice and puffed kamut I have also found ) and, add in more health like nuts, fruit, seeds,and vegan milk  !)or use steel cut oatmeal or oat groats .
stretching
a little exercise does wonders
gratitude lists,
Am meditation and visualizing ,
 art journal
Positive affirmations


Poor Morning Habits.( That are rampid in the USA)
Morning coffee ( Usually not organic ,BOO!!, Caffienated umm boo.., Too often containing added horribleness including cow's breast milk !O0/ WT..???!?!?, and highly processed bleached sugar )
Morning cigarette(s)
Morning gripping
Morning pot smoke also, known as wake and bake
Alarm Clocks
Junk ( Unhealthy ) "food "breakfasts
Tv
Video games

P.S. Shut down your computer and go take a nap now !
 Sleep deprivation compromises your ability to feel happiness at it's full and your ability to otherwise function optimally . - Paraphrasing the pleasure trap here .

No comments:

Post a Comment